Turmeric is one of the beneficial ingredient present in our kitchen. It is one of the ingredients which is easily available in nature. Let’s get into detail about this natural ingredient.
What is Turmeric?
Turmeric is a spice which is used in many Indian cuisines. Available in both powder form as well as in chunks, it has been used as a spice in food for taste in Southern Asia and the Middle East. Turmeric is mostly found in Southern Asia.
Here are some benefits of turmeric:
Skin care: Turmeric has an excellent effect on the skin. It is a home remedy for acne, wrinkles, face lines, dark spots and dark circles. It effective on your skin. This is because of the curcumin present in it. Curcumin is a phytonutrient. It has anti-inflammatory properties. turmeric is non-toxic, it is more a preferable alternative.
How to use for the skin?
Turmeric face mask is one of the beneficial methods for the skin. Facemask can be easily made at home with various alternatives. One such method is as follows:
- Take half spoon of turmeric powder and sandalwood powder each.
- mix this by adding some 2 teaspoons of milk or water accordingly.
- now add honey in the paste.
- Make sure it is not thin nor it is too rigid.
- Now apply this mask on skin evenly.
- Let it dry for 10-15 minutes
- Now wash with warm water.
- Do not wipe just dab your face with a cloth.
- Repeat it twice in a week.
- Wait for better results.
Get Rid of facial hair:
We are often ashamed or feel the odd man out when we have hair growth on our face. Now you can get rid of facial hair by applying the above mask on your face. This is a completely natural process without any surgery or lasers.
- Take ½ tablespoon turmeric powder and chickpea powder.
- Mix these two by adding water, make sure it has consistency.
- Apply this on the skin gently.
- Keep until dried.
- Use a cloth which is wet of warm water.
- Now wipe or dab your face with the wet cloth.
- Do not be harsh while taking the mask off.
Turmeric, when used with Apple Cider Vinegar, shows tremendous positive effects on the signs of aging like wrinkles, pigmentation etc.
- take ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder and apple cider vinegar each.
- mix the above paste with honey and ½ teaspoon of milk or yogurt.
- make sure you don’t apply near your eyes.
- let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
- wash with warm water.
- Repeat the above procedure at least once or twice a week for better results.
- Side effects of turmeric?
This natural ingredient has not caused any side effects. But an overdose of turmeric can also lead to various side effects as follows:
- Increased heart rate
- Increased risk of bleeding
- Uterine contractions
- Low blood pressure
- Enhances menstrual flow
- Reduce blood sugar to an extreme low
- Iron deficiency