Turmeric is a plant which comes from the ginger family and is most commonly used as a spice in the Indian subcontinent, but is that the only use that turmeric has? Well, the answer is no. There are a lot of other things in which turmeric is proved to be very effective and useful.
Medicinal Properties Of Turmeric
Turmeric contains bioactive compounds with powerful medicinal properties. Some of the upsides of using this product in the form of medicines are as follows:
- Turmeric Is Very Effective For Sharpening Your Memory, Mood, And Attention: Curcumin the element that is found in turmeric in a very large amount is said to improve your cognitive health, supporting your memory, mood, and attention.
- It is also known to have stomach soothing properties: Turmeric acts as a natural remedy with the help of minerals, vitamins and other minerals that help reduce inflammation, abnormal muscle movement and soothe digestive issues.
- Increases Antioxidant Capacity: Turmeric is also known for increasing the antioxidant capacity in your body. Antioxidants help you to protect your body from free radicals. Curcumin present in turmeric helps in increasing the capacity of antioxidants.
- Keeps You Away From Brain Diseases: Turmeric is found to be very effective in lowering the risk of brain disease. Curcumin is known to increase the level of BDNF (Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor) hormone which helps your brain stay away from the disease. The low levels of this hormones are known to be a reason for various brain disease which includes Alzheimer’s and depression.
- Helps Prevent And Treat Cancer: Studies have shown that curcumin is a beneficial herb in cancer and it can be used to reduce the growth of cancerous cells and also prevent the growth of new blood vessels in tumors.
How Turmeric Can Be Used For Skin Care?
In ancient times when there were no products for skincare people used natural methods to keep their skin fresh and rejuvenated. Here are some ways you can use this natural product to get beautiful skin:
- Provides glow to your skin: It contains anti-inflammatory components which helps your skin glow, turmeric also helps in reviving your skin by bringing out its natural glow. It shows best results when used with yogurt and honey.
- Heals wounds: It helps in healing wounds by decreasing inflammation and oxidation. It helps in healing yours quickly. Turmeric also affects tissues and collagen positively.
- Helps in treating scabies: Turmeric is also found to be effective in treating scabies when used with neem plant.
- Helps in reducing acne: The anti-inflammatory quality of turmeric targets your pores and helps your skin revive.
Turmeric Also Useful For Weight Loss?
Turmeric is also very beneficial when used for weight loss and this quality is not known to a lot of people. Here are some ways turmeric helps you lose weight:
- Reduces fat: Consuming turmeric helps stimulate your body’s metabolism which results in the burning of fats.
- Turmeric also helps in burning calories during the process of thermogenesis.
- Although excessive intake of turmeric may lead to the following conditions:
- Turmeric slows down the process of blood clotting.
- Turmeric contains a certain amount of oxalate which can lead to gallstones.
- Curcumin present in turmeric is known to decrease platelet function.
- Might lower testosterone levels in men and can cause infertility.
Turmeric is completely safe and a natural ingredient. If you spot this ingredient in any of your cosmetics or medicines there is no need to worry about the safety and working of the serum itself.
If you want to try out a supplement with turmeric in it, then click on the link below to be redirected to one.