Be Happy, Essential Oils Are On Your Way
Essential Oils are getting into limelight beating all other traditional oils that were used since ages. These oils have become the heart of the beauty industry and each person, on the internet, is surfing about essential oils. If you are still unaware about essential oils, read this article to know more.
What Are Essential Oils?
Essential oils are concentrated extracts of the plant that are extracted from the roots, flowers, stem, bark, leaves, etc. These oils carry the natural flavor or scent that is the essence of the plant. All the types of essential oils have numerous benefits for not only skin, hair, and nails but also for health. Essential oils are distilled or compressed and mixed with some carrier oil. These oils are pure, as they have been processed with chemicals. There are some of the oils that you need to stock:
Lemon Oil: It helps you to lighten your mood by refreshing you and is beneficial for the skin.
Cinnamon Oil: Contains powerful antioxidants that are useful in fighting neurological disorders and heart disease.
Lemongrass Oil: It is a tasty way to treat gastrointestinal issues and fever.
Rosemary Oil: This oil is helpful for heart rate, blood pressure and improves brain activity. It decreases the secretion of the stress hormone cortisol.
Lavender Oil: It is a den of properties. They are antiseptic, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anesthetic and sedative.
What Are The Uses Of Essential Oils?
Essential Oils are used for skin, hair and nail care. Oils such as Jojoba oil, Shea butter, grapeseed oil, Olive Oil, etc. are best for treating all problems of skin, hair, and nails.
These essential oils have many health benefits that are as follows:
- Essential Oils has anti-anxiety and stress-relieving properties.
- They help to alleviate muscle pains and all types of aches and cramps.
- It accelerates the digestive system and cures all the stomach disorders.
- They boost immunity levels and energy levels and fights infection.
- Oils like geranium and rose are proved to increase the level of estrogen in women.
- Essential oils help to remove all toxic materials from the body and helps to promote good sleep.
- These oils are useful not only for humans but also for pets and animals.
How To Use?
Essential oils are used in three ways– aromatically, internally and topically. There are certain guidelines and precautions that are to be taken before using these oils.
Aromatic way of using these oils is through diffusion. There are also different types of diffusers that are used. Diffusion is basically a device or method through which the oil is blown in the air and has benefits after inhaling it.
Topical application means directly applying the oil on the parts of your body. Always take care while applying the oil, try a patch test first. Never use them on the sensitive parts a sit may lead to other skin disorders.
Internally means the consumption of the oil through capsules or food.
Do’s And Don’ts
There are various things you need to take care of before buying or using oil. Some of the major do’s and don’ts are as follows:
- Do not rub or apply the oil anywhere.
- Before buying any oil, do check the quality of the product.
- Don’t trust buzzwords, as it may have adverse effects on your skin.
- Never out edible oils on your skin.
- Do not use on the damaged skin.
- Dilute the oils before usage.
- Do not allow babies or pets in your house to touch or lick the bottle.
- You should not overdo the usage.
- It is mandatory to take care during your pregnancy.
- Do not store the oils for so long. Replace it in 2 years.
- Store them in a right way.
There have been many pieces of research and tests that have been taken place but yet there are many questions which are answerless. The studies also show these oils do possess a calming and soothing effect on the people physiologically as well as psychologically. There have been many experiments done on the brains and different parts of the rats. It is also been observed that certain oils are helpful in treating cancer. So, the question that still remains unclear if that is this effect of the essential oils or its just an experience. Well, still there are also many kinds of research going on for knowing the answer to it.