Top 8 Essential Oils for Acne – How To Use and Precautions
Tired Of Treating Acne? Know The Best Essential Oils For Acne
Essential Oils have gained so much popularity in this hippy generation. Every person is stocking them in their house. Initially, that is a few decades ago, people who had done immense research about these oils were able to know about its benefits. Essential oils also possess such properties because of which they are known as a ‘cure to all the skin problems.’ Also, it allows for easy application and a safe way of getting rid of your problems.
This article will let you know how essential oils are used for acne treatment.
Essential oils are highly concentrated essence of the plant. They are extracted from various parts of the plant like roots, stems, bark, leaves, flowers, etc.
How Does It Treat Acne?
Acne is caused because of the excess oil production (sebum) on the skin surface, bacteria, dead skin cells, and clogged pores. Essential Oils possess qualities such as antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, anesthetic, antioxidants, antifungal, antibacterial, refreshing, pain-relieving, stress-relieving, and treating other health-related disorders.
Essential Oils reduce the production of oil and fight with the bacteria causing acne. Also, all the acne-causing agents are wiped off through these essential oils. Regular usage of these oils may also help your skin look younger and beautiful. Essential oils also help to reduce stress, anxiety, and depression that are the main causes of acne.
Top 8 Essential Oils For Acne!!!
- Tea Tree – Used in many skincare products, it is rich in anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
- Clary Sage – Helps to attenuate cortisol levels and is high in anti-inflammatory properties.
- Bergamot – Treats swelling and shrinking pimples with its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Lavender – Beautiful aroma that reduces stress and pain. Also, it is rich in antimicrobial and antioxidant properties.
- Rosemary – Nice aroma with high antifungal properties.
- Sandalwood – Rich in antiseptic and astringent properties. It is also useful for the treatment of psoriasis.
- Chamomile – Possesses soothing properties by being rich in antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Juniper Berry – High in antiseptic, detoxifying and circulation boosting properties.
How To Use?
Essential Oils are highly processed with the chemical components before formulation. Hence they are also known as ‘chemically volatile compounds’. Because of this, you need to take utmost care before application. You must also know the precautions and ways to use these essential oils. This is because they may cause adverse effects on the skin that may lead to an allergy or infection. Essential oils are used in three ways:
This means you can apply the oil on your skin but not directly!!!
- You should first dilute the oil with any carrier oil mostly preferred:
Jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, coconut oil, argan oil, sunflower oil, etc.
- After diluting the oils, apply it on the affected area and leave it until it dries.
- Then, rinse off gently with the water.
You can also ingest these oils in your body by taking capsules or by adding them to your food.
There are many types of diffusers available that can be used. This method also helps you to derive the benefits by inhaling the fragrance of the oil. What you need to do is:
- Dilute the essential oil with a carrier oil.
- Add it to the diffuser.
- Change the oil after every 2 hours.
- Enjoy the benefits of the aroma on your skin.
While using these essential oils you need to take certain precautions and educate yourself with the method of using them. You should never directly apply the oil over your skin and it should be kept away from the reach of your children and pets. Always dilute and then use the oil. Also, never apply it to the sensitive areas of your skin.
The best method of using essential oils is through diffusion. It is also the safest method of using and benefitting the essential oils.
Thus, there are many essential oils that are also used for the treatment of acne. All you need to do is take some care while using!