Know the Whole Shebang of Essential Oils, its Benefits, and it’s Uses
Do you know what impact essential oil have on your health? Have you ever focused on what benefits do essential oil offers? You are then in the correct place. In this article, you would know everything about essential oils in a very short time.
What are the Essential Oils?
Essential oils have been used for centuries due to its variety of benefits and uses. They are very natural and organic solutions to all the day to day problems faced by human beings. Ever wondered how and where are they found?
Essential oils are found in plants, those plants which have medicinal properties. There are all types of plants with numerous species which have a lot of uses. In India, since ancient times essential oils have been used for medical use and to treat diseases. The use of essential oils originates right from the Vedic culture of India. In that period essential oils were used in Ayurvedic medicines.
Ayurveda is a 5000-year-old practice which uses natural methods to treat illness. It makes use of the plants and materials found commonly in nature.
It has been widely used in Greek and Chinese medicines. They have a lot of anti-bacterial, antifungal, Anti-depressant, Antiviral, and calming properties. Due to all these exceptional properties of essential oils, they have been used in medicinal, cosmetic, industrial and household purposes. It’s in trend today due to its natural, pocket-friendly and risk-free solutions.
There are thousands of solutions available in the market today. Cosmetics or beauty products may solve your problems but they come but side effects. Thus they may not be safe to use. Essential oils are made from natural materials only and thus they are safe.
How Essential Oils Are Made?
Essential oils are made by distilling or extracting different parts of plants like stem, roots, flowers, seeds, bark, leaves, etc. This is simply done by extracting oil and water from the plants. It is done by heating or through cold-press techniques. Different techniques are applied to different oils depending on the purpose.
Sometimes the only aroma can be extracted from the plants for aromatherapy. Aromatherapy is a method in which strong and intense aromas are used to cure diseases. These oils are referred to as aromatherapy oils due to its high concentration of aromatic compounds.
How Do Essential Oils Work?
Essential oils consist of those particles of most powerful healing compounds of the plant. All these exceptional qualities from these compounds are saturated in the form of single oil. This oil no doubt will be filled with a variety of pros of the medicinal properties. There are a lot of benefits these oils have but before knowing about them let’s know about the importance of essential oils.
Importance Of Essential Oils?
There has been humongous development and innovation in the field of science today. Essential oils have been through a lot of research for years now. It is evident what importance essential oils have due to its vast usage. The points to be noted to understand properly about its importance are as follows:
- Its Availability and Reach – Essential oils can be easily available anywhere in the world. They are found naturally in our surroundings. Very commonly found in plants and vegetables used in our day to day life. Only the right knowledge about its use will assist you to make use of it.
- Convenient to Use in Everyday Lifestyle– The oils can be used daily as they don’t have any side effects. They are normally included in our daily diet in the form of nutrients we consume from vegetables. As we don’t consume these plants and herbs in daily life essential oils can be used to procure its benefits.
- Useful in Everyday Problems– Problems like headache, stress, body pain, etc essential oil is a cure for such commonly faced problems.
Benefits Of Essential Oils
There are a lot of benefits one can obtain from essential oils. They have a wide variety of uses. Essential oils have been used for years in a lot of households. Whether using coconut oil as a moisturizer or eucalyptus oil for headache and cold. It has made a place in our lives and they can hardly have any other alternatives. Thus the benefits of essential oils in different areas are as follows:
Benefits Of Essential Oils For Health-
Some benefits of essential oil for skin are as follows:
Fight Infections and Kill Bacteria
It is proved that essential oils have a lot of antibacterial and antifungal properties. These qualities help to fight a number of diseases. Essential oils like castor and argan oil are used to treat skin problems.
Boost Immune Systems
Essential oils have certain chemicals which have powerful immune boosting capabilities. Oregano oil was believed to have a high amount of antibacterial properties which can inhibit the growth of any foreign virus in our body.
These oils are able to solve gastrointestinal problems like stomach infection, indigestion, diarrhea, etc. It stimulates digestive enzymes which ease the process of breaking down the food and absorb nutrients. For example, we use ginger in our food which has a lot of medicinal properties. It helps relieve abdominal pain, gas and reduce nausea.
Improve Brain Function
It is scientifically tested that essential oils have neuroprotective effects and boosts mental performances. Factors which are improved memory, learning, and focus. Essential oils like lavender and peppermint can be used which are sedative and stimulating oils.
Reduce Emotional Stress and Anxiety
Aromatherapy is a very famous method used to solve problems like stress and anxiety. In this method, strong aroma oils are used which are proven to relieve stress. This therapy is widely used in many parts of the world to solve some serious problems like depression.
To Cure Aches and Pains
Some essential oils have anti-inflammatory properties. This helps release swelling caused into the parts of the body due to inflammation. The best essential oils which are able to solve problems like aches and pain are thyme, lavender, eucalyptus, peppermint, coconut, etc.
They have detoxification abilities due to its medicinal properties. Today we are exposed to a lot of chemicals and toxins and they enter our body. These are very harmful to health and can create a lot of problems. The antibacterial qualities present in essential oils can destroy those toxins. They purify and clean your body naturally.
Essential oils help solves the above problems very efficiently. But these oils are also proved to solve some chronic diseases like arthritis, Asthma, cancer, etc. These can be commonly found in day to day life used by people for relaxation, better sleep, reducing stress and cold.
Benefits Of Essential Oils For Skin
Essential oils are used in many natural beauty products and cosmetics. Skin problems like acne, eczema, wrinkles, blemishes, and moles are cured with the help of essential oils. There are numerous other benefits of essential oils and they are as follows:
Helps to Get Rid of Acne
Essential oils are able to reduce inflammation which is the main cause of acne. Inflammation irritates the skin and worsens the condition causing severe acne. Essential oils kill acne-causing bacteria and reduce infection.
Great Moisturizer for Skin
One might suffer from dry skin and damaged the skin which leads to a lot of problems. Essential oils have great moisturizing properties which help relieve from problems caused due to dry skin. Coconut oil, castor or almond oil are great moisturizers which help you get smooth and clear skin.
Heals and Repairs Skin
The high stimulatory properties help repair skin problems. It is responsible to clear pores, blackheads, remove dry skin cells and any blemishes on the skin. This not only revitalizes skin but also gives you spotless and flawless skin.
They are proven to fight signs of aging. Oils like carrot skin oil help treat dull skins, clear spots, and hyperpigmentation. Also, pomegranate seed oil has been efficient in treating the outer layer of the skin and deeply moisturize the skin.
Heal Bruises On the Skin
Due to its great healing properties, it can deeply repair your skin. Sometimes burn marks do not go away easily essential oils like coconut, lavender can be a great remedy.
A Great Deodorant
Many times people suffer from sweating problems due to heat. The pungent smell can be very embarrassing sometimes to a lot of people. Some essential oils have high aroma components which eliminate foul smell. Thus these oils are used in a lot of body lotions, moisturizers, and deodorants. They not only give you good odor but also smooth and hydrated skin.
Benefits Of Essential Oils For Hair.
As essential oils are beneficial for skin and health they have also good for hair. Many hair products contain essential oil today. Different benefits of essential oil for hair are as follows:
Some oils have many anti-bacterial properties which eliminate dandruff and dead skin cells from the skin. Problems caused due to dry skin on the head like flaky skin or itchiness can be solved.
- Repairs Hair Damage
Oils having high stimulating factors help repair damaged hair. These oils also have great absorption quality. Thus they are able to reach deep in the skin and strengthen your hair roots. This leads to a decrease in hair fall and nourishes your hair. It can solve problems like split ends, hair damage, weak hair, etc.
- Get Smooth and Shiny Hair
Due to its renowned moisturizing abilities, it saves your hair from drying. The moisturizer makes your hair smooth and shiny. This helps you get manageable hair without the use of any chemicals.
- Very Good Conditioner
Essential oils are used in many hair conditioners and shampoos for smooth and silky hair. These have great nourishing abilities which can enhance the overall quality of your hair.
Types And Uses Of Essential Oils
Now that you are already aware of the benefits of essential oils lets know more about its uses in our day to day lives. Essential oils are of various types but some common types of oils used today are as follows:
- Lemon oil: The oil has antibacterial, antiseptic properties which fight bacteria and diseases. It is commonly used as a house freshener due to its fresh, zesty and refreshing odor. Commonly used for reducing stress and insomnia as it calms down your mind.
- Tea tree oil: This oil is used to treat a lot of skin problems. Apart from that, it is generally used to treat cold and cough over the years. It is very beneficial for the skin due to its anti-inflammatory, ant-viral properties. Commonly used to treat dandruff, acne, wrinkles, etc. Tea tree oil is very strong, thus it should be diluted with secondary oil before directly applying on the skin.
- Lavender oil: This oil has very high moisturizing abilities. Therefore it can be generally found in skin creams, lotions, etc. It is rich in antioxidants and also has other benefits like anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and immune boosting. This oil has an amazing scent and strong aroma.
- Cinnamon oil: It is derived from the bark and leaves of the Cinnamomum tree. This oil has very high bacteria fighting agents. Commonly used to treat cold and cough for years in many parts of the world. Due to its pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory properties, it was used to treat wounds, swelling, and burns.
- Clary sage: This essential oil is very famous for its ability to regulate hormones which reduces depression. Clary sage equally is useful for solving a lot of skin problems too.
- Eucalyptus oil: This oil is very renown for its high antimicrobial components. It is able to kill bacteria, insects, parasites, etc and therefore used in a number of medicines. Eucalyptus oil has a very strong aroma and is used to treat cold.
- Lemongrass: People also diffuse this oil at home as it refreshes the air and kills any bacteria present in it. It has a very soothing aroma which calms and relaxes your mind.
- Other Oils Used for Household Purposes: There are also other essential oils used by people in their household regularly. Coconut oil, castor oil, groundnut oil, avocado oil, olive oil are commonly used for cooking. These oils can solve health problems like indigestion, gas, acidity, etc.
All the above are a few uses of various essential oils. You can also try out various remedies for using them. This varies according to your need and purpose.