Wondering How You Can Gain Weight On Keto? The Answer Could Be Very Easy!
Are you suffering from obesity or any other weight loss problems? Are you too skinny? There are many people who are struggling to lose weight while some of them are struggling to gain weight. Ketosis is a process that will help you to gain or lose weight, whatever needed. It will help you to suppress your appetite and get lean muscle mass.
Some of the summarized benefits of a keto diet are mentioned below:
- Accelerates weight loss
- Suppress your appetite
- Lean muscle mass
- Achieve the state of ketosis at a much faster pace
- Enhance muscular strength
- Better mental clarity
- Continue reading the article given below to know how to gain weight while on a keto diet.
What Is Ketosis?
Ketosis: Ketosis is a metabolic state where you need to cut down the intake of carbs. While following a keto diet you need to increase the intake of fats and proteins. This is basically done to use fats as the main source of energy fuel rather than using carbs. But attaining the state of ketosis on your own is extremely difficult if it is not done in the right way. A keto diet is also beneficial for skinny people. With the right diet, you can enhance your muscular strength and gain lean muscle mass.
How To Gain Weight On Keto?
People mostly increase the intake of carbs in their diet to gain weight. But this often leads to an increase in stubborn fats in the body. A low-carb diet or a keto diet is generally used to lose weight. But it can also be used to gain weight and bulk up. A keto diet can be used to get enhance muscular strength and lean muscle mass for people who are underweight.
Given below are some staple foods that you can include in your diet, to help you gain weight.
- Meat: Red meat is considered to be one of the best options that you must include in your diet to enhance your muscular strength. You can also add bacon, beef, chicken, lamb, pork, sausages and steak to your diet.
- Fish: Fish is considered to be much more energy dense as it already contains extra fat. It also contains omega-3 fat. Anchovies, mackerel, salmon, sardines and trout are some of the fishes that are advised by the health care experts.
- Dairy: Dairy-based products are considered to be nutritious and energy-dense in nature. Some of the most preferred dairy-products include butter, cheese, ghee, greek yogurt, heavy cream, and whole milk.
- Eggs: Eggs are considered to rich in proteins and fats. You can add boiled eggs, fried eggs, omelets, poached eggs, steamed eggs, etc to your diet to accelerate the weight gain process.
- Vegetables: Adding vegetables like spinach, chives, garlic, and mushrooms will help you to get lean muscle mass. You can also add vegetables like potatoes in your diet as they are rich in starch.
- Fruits: Fruits also play a major role in the process of gaining weight. You can add fruits like avocados and olives to your diet. Fruits like berries, apple, and banana can also be added to your diet.
- Plant sources of fat: Avocado oil, coconut oil, dark chocolate, nuts, and olive oil are also very nutritious and energy dense in nature. You can add these food sources to your diet as well.
Adding these nutritious foods to your diet will help you to accelerate the weight gaining process. Exercising regularly and maintain a good diet will help you to get lean muscle mass and enhance your muscular strength.