Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) is a chronic disorder that affects the smaller joints of your body. Not only the small joints but also with the time it might affect your knees, shoulders, and ankles as well. It is usually found in people above 40 years of age.
The start of this process is yet unknown but the symptoms of this disorder include muscle and joint pain, swelling, fatigue, etc. Thus, to reduce this pain the following are some of the home remedies to treat rheumatoid arthritis with an ease:
Fish oils are rich in omega-3 fatty acids that will help to reduce the joint stiffness in the affected area due to RA. The anti-inflammatory property that fish oil holds helps to reduce pain as well. You can consume fish oil as follows:
- Try to consume minimum 2.6 grams of fish oil daily.
- Add cold water fish like tuna and salmon to your diet.
- Lastly, you can consume fish oil supplements too, after consulting your doctor.
Hot and Cold Compresses:
The use of hot and cold compresses bag helps to relax the sore muscles and reduce swelling in the RA affected area. You can use hot and cold compress bag as follows:
- A towel wrapped hot water bag can be used as the hot compress.
- A thin towel wrapped with some ice cubes in it can be used as the cold compress.
- By placing the hot compress on the affected area for 3 minutes will help to feel the relief from pain.
- Once done with the hot compress, apply the cold compress for a minute and remove it immediately.
- Repeat the same process of alternative use of the hot compress and cold compress daily for 15-20 minutes.
Garlic inhibits the anti-inflammatory property that helps to reduce swelling at the affected area. Eating raw and fresh garlic helps rheumatoid arthritis patients to reduce the formation of free radicals present in the environment that are causing damage to there joint.
It also helps to improve the immune system of your body. You can consume 1 to 2 raw garlic cloves daily or can take garlic capsules, dosage, as per your doctor’s recommendation.
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV):
ACV is rich in minerals that will help to reduce pain in the affected area of RA. The following are some home remedy that will help you to treat RA with help ACV:
- Take half cup of warm water and add a tbsp of raw and unfiltered ACV to it. For best result and rapid relief consume this drink daily.
- Alternatively, you can apply ACV on the affected area and let it dry. Now, massage the same area with castor oil and wrap it with the cotton cloth and plastic to cover it.
Turmeric is known as a best anti-inflammatory drug that will help your body to prevent RA by blocking inflammation-causing enzymes. The home remedies with help of turmeric to treat joint inflammation are:
- Take a cup of water in a saucepan pan and boil it.
- Add 1 tbsp of turmeric to it and boil the tea for 10 minutes on a medium flame.
- Let the tea cool down, add honey to it.
- Drink this tea twice a day for rapid relief.
- Another method by which you can intake turmeric to treat RA is in form of capsules or as a spice in your daily cooking.
Note: Avoid overdose of turmeric powder, it might result in the upset stomach due to thinner blood in your body.
Thus, above are some of the home remedies that will help to reduce swelling and other symptoms associated with the RA affected muscles. With the above remedies, you can also try out some easy exercise of rotation of hands, ankles or some cardio that will help to reduce fatigue and also strengthen your muscles.