Since you’re here, we assume that you are interested in taking care of your health. Your lower back is one of the places where excess fat is stored. By now, you might already know the repercussions of having so much fat in your body, but for the uninformed, there are some things you must be concerned about.
Let us learn about its origin, risks associated and ways by which you can get rid of them.
Causes Of Back Fat
- Low amount of general physical activity
- Dietary habits
- If you have fat in other places like belly, there could be a chance that you can accumulate back fat easily.
- Genetic conditions
Risks Associated With Having Excess Back Fat
Having excess fat as a whole is a cumulative risk. You can acquire several conditions which even you might not know about resulting from “just being fat”. You must consider the consequences before ignoring your “cute” patch of fat.
The risks associated are:
- Cardiovascular conditions including arrhythmia and stroke
- Sleep disorders
- Arthritis, osteoporosis, and osteoarthritis
- Stocking up on the male hormone in female bodies, leading to aggressive behavior.
- Bodily imbalance
Effects of having excess fat in the back, or at any place could lead to may psychological conditions & disorders. These include anxiety, depression and low self-esteem. This could pave a way for serious conditions like ED and low libido.
So, even though being fat is accepted by most people, it is not suggested that you remain the same for most of your life. Without your physical balance and a sane mind, you won’t be able to
Ways To Get Rid Of Back Fat
There are some ways through which you can save yourself from this impending doom. You will have to work hard in all these cases and your results will be nothing short of impressive.
Number 1: Start Running
If you want to start losing fat, you must start working out, starting with cardio. Walking and jogging are very essential for kick-starting your working out routine and essentially, your day. Running will help you increase the level of adrenaline in your system, helping your metabolism to become faster and more effective.
Number 2: Monitor Your Diet
Your diet is the backbone of your weight-loss and fat-loss process. Not following a diet would lead to many things that will be unfavorable. A diet will allow getting the nutrition necessary so that your body initiates the metabolism to perform properly.
A diet also doesn’t necessarily means starving yourself. It means supplementing yourself with essential nutrition that will help use fat as a source of energy, melting them away. A Keto diet is an example of a diet wherein you increase the level of ketones in your body, helping with the fat-burning process.
Number 3: Start Doing Yoga
Yoga is especially beneficial to you as it is a full body workout as well as a targeting system for specific regions in your body. It is also a very beneficial method of socializing and decreasing stress.
Number 4: Performing Exercises:
We now come to the workout portion of this article wherein you’ll know what articles to perform at the gym or at your home. The most recommended exercises are:
- Side Plank Position: wherein you lie on your side and extend your legs to be as flat as possible followed by extending your arms up.
- Superman Lifts: lie flat on the floor on your belly, then extend your arms forward and engage your abs lifting your arms and feet.
- Push-ups: This is very beneficial for back fat if you use the triceps to engage core muscles.
- Warrior Yoga Pose: Designed to engage your core muscles, where you stand on one leg and extend the other leg backward, while extending both the arms forward.
The steps mentioned above will you in losing weight if followed with dedication and perseverance. Although here are some points you should keep in your mind while following these steps:
- Never overwork yourself. Take ample amounts of rest in between each workout sessions.
- Do not forget to drink water. Dehydration is the worst enemy in any diet.
- Never starve yourself. The point of a diet is to provide you with nutrients, not stop you from eating.
- Do not push yourself too hard. Increase the amount of exercise you do at a steady rate.
- Lastly, do not be disappointed if you do not see the results from Day-2.
Making the decision of losing weight is a tough but a healthy decision to make. Your back fat may turn out to be your number one enemy when it comes to performing physical activities. This would not allow you to get close and intimate if you choose to ignore its existence.
Start working on it now and lead a better life tomorrow.