Hemorrhoids which are very common. Nearly three out of four adults will have hemorrhoids from time to time. Hemorrhoids are popularly known as piles.
Swollen veins in the anus and lower rectum which is also pretty similar to varicose veins is known as piles. This can be caused due to many reasons but a proper definite reason is still unknown. These are not so dangerous but for sure they can cause a extreme pain and sometimes need to be lanced and drained.
Fortunately, there are many remedies available to treat hemorrhoids. Piles can be located inside the rectum or they may also develop under the skin.
There are different types of hemorrhoids which are as follows:
These type of hemorrhoids present inside the rectum. They usually cause so much discomfort and they can’t be seen or felt. While passing stool, straining, and irritation can cause discomfort and can also damage hemorrhoid’s surface. This can lead to itching or bleeding.
They are usually present under your skin around your anus. They can bleed when irritated or scratched.
Thrombus is known as a pool of blood and forms a clot. Sometimes external hemorrhoid, it can result in the thrombus. It may result in severe pain, swelling, inflammation and a hard lump near your anus.
Sign and Symptoms Of Hemorrhoids
- It can cause painless bleeding during bowel movement.
- Your anal region can itch and irritate a lot.
- This causes you very discomfort and also the pain.
- Swelling around the anus area is also one of the most common symptoms you can see in almost every patient.
- It gets moist. You can also notice pink bumps around the edge of or bulging out from your anus.
Causes Of Hemorrhoids
The veins around your anus tend to stretch when you pressure it. This may result in bulging or swelling. These swollen veins which are known as hemorrhoids can develop from increased pressure in the lower rectum which is due to :
- Straining and pressurizing during bowel movements.
- A low fiber diet can also be one of the cause.
- Spending so much time sitting in the toilet.
- Constipation or chronic diarrhea can put pressure in you hemorrhoids part which will cause bleeding or pain.
- Anal intercourse can affect your piles part
- Obesity is also one of the cause which can cause piles.
- Hemorrhoids are more likely to affect people with age. Aging can weaken and stretch your tissues that support the veins in your rectum and anus.
Remedies Of Hemorrhoids
- Maintaining a balanced diet will always help you to lead a healthy life. Piles are caused due to low fiber food. So, try to eat more food which is rich in fibers. Eat more fruits and vegetables and also whole grains.
- When you are suffering from the severe pain you can go to the option of using topical treatments. Using cream or using pads which contains witch hazel can help you out.
- Avoid using towels or wet toilet papers which contains alcohol or perfumes.
- Soak your anal area in warm water for 10 to 15 minutes daily. Keep your anal area clean so that you can avoid more infections.
- For temporary relief from the extreme pain, you can use aspirin
- Consult your doctor when you feel these symptoms are relating you. Go to regular check-ups so that you can get well as soon as possible.