Pamper Yourself With This Oil
What is argan oil used for? Throughout history, people have tried and tested many fruits and nuts for their benefits. One such nut that till date stands up to the expectations of the people around the world is the kernels of the Argan tree. The argan tree is a native of Morroco.
The fruit of the argan tree is small, oval, and conical at the ends. The thick peel covers the fleshy pulp of the fruit. One fruit contains from one to three kernel inside the fruit that provides us with the argan oil.
Extraction Of Argan Oil:
The process of extracting the oil from the kernels is very important. The people first leave the Argan fruit to dry in the open air. The fleshy pulp of the fruit is then removed. This flesh is usually used as an animal feed.
In the next stage, the Argan nut is cracked open. The kernels are then put to roast for a long time. After roasting them, the kernels are allowed to cool down, then the workers start grinding and pressing the kernels. The kernels turn into a brown colored mash which expels natural, unrefined Argan oil. Finally, the pure argan oil is poured into vessels. The Argan oil in these vessels is left to rest, as the solids get suspended to the bottom of the vessels. Once the argan oil goes through the process of sedimentation, it is further filtered to give a better quality of the oil. Many workers are involved in the production of argan oil as there are no machines that get such good quality oil. These workers put a lot of effort into making the Argan oil, as the whole process is done by hand. This also makes the process time consuming and a labor-intensive process.
Wondering what argan oil is not used for? Now you can start wondering what it is not used for. Ranging from the skin to hair, to lips, argan oil can be used for many purposes.
It also has Culinary Uses:
Culinary argan oil is mostly used for dipping bread, poured as a garnish on salads, etc. a thick brown paste similar to peanut butter, is also used as a bread dip.
The Argan oil production is estimated to be 2500 to 4000 tonnes by the end of 2020. This is due to the use of argan oil in basically every cosmetic product. It is helpful for the skin and the hair.
- Protection from heat: if you use a curler or a straightner very regularly, you might know the damage that heat does to your hair. You need to start protecting your hair from the heat damages, but don’t know how. All you have to do is take a few drops of argan oil should be applied to your hair before styling your hair. This will ensure smooth styling as well as give protection to your hair.
- You can also use it as a leave in conditioner.
- It also helps tame frizzy hair by giving it the moisture that is long due.
- The argan oil treats acne and spots.
- It can also be used on oily skin as it is not as greasy as other oils.
- It can be used as a moisturizer or a serum for your skin.
- You can also add it to the face masks. So that it gives a glow to your skin.